It was hard getting out of bed this morning, I was sure that my clock was a few hours fast because it was still dark out when my backup alarm went off (backup because the sun is supposed to be my alarm). A look outside told why—rain!

But it's day 15, and I'm not about to get discouraged by a little weather, especially on my way home to 'lami, so I put on miles until it was dark and I didn't have a lead cage to run interference for deer.

The route I'm taking home from BRP comes courtesy JJ of MO/SIL MSTA, but reversed. He picked a good one, too.

One of the nice things about overcast days is that it makes for good picture taking.

Post offices in Virginia aren't modern buildings like in California, or pre-fabs like I saw elsewhere in the country. No siree, out here they're made out of wood or brick or history.

Went through a lot of forest today, reminded me of Woodside. Just gorgeous. I hope it comes through in the picture.

One thing I first noticed in Tennessee was that postal vehicles aren't the standard Grumman LLVs that I'm used to seeing in California. Apparently you can use whatever you want out here, as long as it's right-hand drive. I saw a lot of RHD cherokees and a couple sedans. Freaked me out every time.

Today had a good variety of road, from trail to semi-slab.

And I had to stop and take a picture when I saw this.

For completeness, it even had Florida tags.

In Ohio I was treated to some river views.

Always wanted to take a picture like this.

Toward the end of the day, I happened upon a Tim Horton's. I was so excited I couldn't even take a clear picture. Also, the signs were really bright. Yay Timmies!

I also passed by what looked like a scrap sorting/processing yard, but I really don't know. It looked cool though.

As I mentioned earlier, I rode until relatively late tonight. The slab-like section of the trip was only a few miles, and then it was back to the state highways. Once all the cars had turned off, I ran out of nerve after all the deer I encountered on the parkway on day 13, so I pulled off into a driveway of a house whose lights were on and asked if I could camp in their yard.

As I set up my tent, the neighbour's kitten came by and started attacking my tent poles. Again: to a kitten, everything is a toy!

Luckily the little bastard hasn't attacked my fully-constructed tent yet.

And here we are at the end of the day, with an extension cord for power and everything. I couldn't ask for better hosts.

See you folks tomorrow for what's probably day the last of this trip.

This post is part of the series Cross Country Trip.